Tuesday, June 16, 2015

White and Pink Watermarble Process/Tutorial


Hi guys! Today I just wanted to give you a little behind the scenes of my latest Watermarble that I'm going to call Jiggly 'Pink Cream' Puff (come on, you know that's Jigglypuff's stage name!). Yes, I've decided I'm going to start naming my nail art, because why not lol. 




First up we have Me! covered in liquid latex...make all the jokes you want, my Facebook friends already had plenty to say about it lol. I know there are companies and even some indies that are selling stuff like this but the best and cheapest in my opinion is just straight liquid latex bought in a little jar (that lasts forever!) on Amazon for $10, can't beat it. Now, you cannot just use any old brush for latex, it will ruin your brushes!! Had to find that out the hard way...not cool. So, I transferred mine to an old cleaned out nail polish bottle using a straw. I'd love to make a video of how I did this one day because I didn't see any on YouTube but I'm just not there in my blogging journey yet so it'll have to wait. Ya'll are smart, you can figure it out, I have faith in you! 




Next is the Watermarbling (yes, that is now a verb...or predicate nominative [so says my 12 year old who is smarter than me] or whatever). Anywho...I used a neon pink (that admittedly didn't turn out so neon in the end) from Funky Fingers, a cheapy brand that I got at 5 below. It marbles pretty well with this white I used by Nina that I got from Sallys that was considerably more expensive and takes forever to dry (which is great for marbling but not so much for painting your nails when you smudge it after a freaking hour!) But, I digress...HERE is a great tutorial for watermarbling by HannaRoxNails, she's got some other awesome stuff up there too so I suggest you give her a follow. There are more tips and tricks to it but it's a lot to get in to. If you are having trouble I would be glad to walk you through and give a little one on one troubleshooting, just drop me a comment here or an email =)





Finished product! Aren't they pretty?! I loved watermarbling from the second I saw it on YouTube, I just had to do it and it's honestly one of my favorite things to do, you can make so many different designs and it's just plain fun to mess around with. Honestly, when I come home with new polish, it goes back to the store if doesn't marble! Some of them don't, it's a bit tricky and a bit of trial and error that way. Anyway, I hope you all liked it and I'll be back in a few days with more pretty awesome nail art for ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment