Thursday, June 4, 2015

Blue/Purple Ombre Zebra Nail Art

Blue Purple Ombre Zebra Stripes Nail Art Gradient


Blue/Purple Ombre Zebra Nail Art

Aren't they pretty?! Ok guys, these are fairly easy to do, though the stripes took a bit of practice for me at first. Basically I just practiced the stripes on my bare nail with my striping polish til I had it down well enough.

What I used:

  • Purple and Blue Polish over a White Base
  • Makeup Sponge
  • Black Striping Polish

Of course there are many ways to do this. You can substitute acrylic paint for the polish, which I actually do quite a lot, sometimes it's just easier and that way you can wash out your sponge instead of just cutting it. Here's a pretty good, yet simple, video tutorial on doing gradients. You can also use black acrylic paint for the stripes (make sure you water the paint down a bit, makes it easier) if you have a striping brush, though I do find that if you're going for nice long sweeping stripes like this that the polish is better, it just has more grab and isn't sliding all over the nail. I will also say to be careful of your top coat, a few of mine (the quick dry ones, mostly) like to streak the design. In that case, it's best to get a big glob of top coat and just kind of float your brush strokes down the nail, trying not to touch the design itself too much.

So, there you have it! I love to help and hear from you, so if any of you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below =)



No comments:

Post a Comment