Thursday, June 4, 2015

Grunge Nail Art



Blue/Purple and Blue/Green Grunge Effect


I am really loving this dry brush technique! Though, normally I am pretty horrible at most designs that are meant to 'random' because I'm such a detailed perfectionist...it's so hard for me to just be messy with it lol.

What I used:

  • White Base Coat
  • Blue, Purple and Green Kleencolor Polish
  • Black Polish for the grunge effect

So, after your white base dries, you'll take your color polishes, one color at a time, and wipe them off on the lip of the bottle until there's barely any polish left. You want it to be very streaky, not much color going on at all. You will have to re-dip when it starts to dry up. Swipe down the nail like you normally would leaving streaks of color, you will want to randomize it, leave room for the other colors and definitely leave a good deal of white showing. My first time, I left almost no white and it didn't really look good at all. Basically just play around with it until you get it right, it's all about trial and error. I tend to actually dab the tip of the brush onto the nail where I need more color because sometimes the streaking doesn't quite cut it and I like being precise in my randomness (I know, I know lol). Here is a link to Chalkboard Nails YouTube video of the dry brush technique, go check it out and give her a follow cause she's awesome =) 

So, there you have it! I love to help and hear from you, so if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below =)
So,

No comments:

Post a Comment